Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas post

Christmas is certainly one of the Holidays I would never ever trade for. First, because as a Christian it is the day that the Lord was born... of course some would say that it is not the exact day He was born... but if we go deeper into those complications then we might never celebrate His birthday. Second, because like any other occasion it is one reason where I can be happy for no particular reason. I like that.

I've been reading Artemis Fowl again. I think I was reading the same book last Christmas. But then again that Christmas was different from now.

It's only four days until Christmas but you could already feel it in the air. No matter how many times I am reminded that the world is rotting and that the people here are becoming poorer or life is becoming tougher, I would be forced to dismiss that thought because of the things I see around me.

I wonder why people always have that queer sense of happiness. Like I said, this is the season when one can smile for no particular reason. It is a holiday so we are all [forced] to be happy.

I like Christmas but sometimes I like the days before Christmas more than the day itself. It is the preparations for the grand day that makes it more exciting. The lights, the songs and, of course, the gifts. It is the preparation of these things that makes Christmas... well Christmas.

I also like Christmas because during these days I could finally rest. I tend to forget about everything about my school whenever I am home. That is why as much as possible I don't go home even if my house is only a couple of hours (say three hours) from LB. I just don't like to think about my acads when I'm home. Hey I'm home so I should rest and just be happy. When I'm home I can be myself again. I don't need to worry about who is looking at me, what other think of me or why I am like this... at home I can be me. The real me that my parents are required to accept.

Well I may not have the chance to write this Christmas... but oh well...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

No comments: