Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pan

Peter Pan is a boy who never grows up. That is the first implication of the author that the story (Peter Pan) is about getting old and how people always have a fear about it.

I think a character on the movie "Finding Neverland" also noted something about time and how it always chase us.
I believe that the crocodile chasing Capt. Hook is the symbolism used for this. That animal has a clock inside of him that's why whenever Hook hears clocks ticking he always fears that the crocodile is near to eat him. 

->>Captain Hook and the other pirates (but mainly capt hook) represents the grown-ups. The desire of Capt. Hook to know how Peter could fly or his desire to get Peter Pan is like how older people would want to trade places with younger ones...



Why is it that when we grow older we can never grow younger?

I do not know why I suddenly thought about Peter Pan. This is one of my favorite books. I always loved the adventure part... but maybe inside of me I also wish that I could always stay young.

Growing older may mean that you could do more things but somehow it is always better to be an innocent child again. (Maybe for me) Children have less worries and are more carefree. They do not need to worry about anything else -or rather that is what it should be...


waah I have to stop thinking about Peter or Neverland... 


for no matter how I try to get younger I would continue to change... to grow...

to learn more things...

to do more things...


to become more mature...

but for short to get old

No comments: